Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a DevOps orientation to help us build the next generation of asynchronous video communication and scale out our API services as we continue to grow. We find great people dedicated to our company's purpose of helping people feel close and create an environment where they are inspired to do their best work.
You are someone who excels at building and managing fault-tolerant auto-scaling services, but you also like wearing a few different hats. You're a strategic thinker when making architectural decisions and you enjoy looking at network calls to understand interactions between systems. You're enthusiastic about new tech, but judicious in using it. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Help design and build the next generation of asynchronous video chat
- Collaborate with teammates in refactoring complex systems into simpler subsystems
- Optimize data access patterns and look for millisecond optimizations in network round trips
- Design canonical REST APIs for low latency and high availability
- Triage production performance issues on server infrastructure, maintaining high uptime
- Sift through logs and find root cause of problems on client and server
- Produce solid code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- Work with a variety of languages, including: Python, Go, and C++
You may be a fit if you:
- Communicate with empathy
- Remain calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment
- Enjoy reverse engineering from inputs and outputs of black-box systems
- Pride yourself on strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work
- Are humble and intellectually curious
A bit about us... our purpose is to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo® is already reaching millions of people — we’re top of the charts on iOS and Play Store. We're a distributed, small team, that cares about working joyfully and making a difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Joya. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere.
We'd love to see what you might add to our team, please email your resume to email@example.com