How to create a group
Creating a group on Marco Polo is a great way to build stronger and more personal relationships. Groups come in all sizes— up to a max of 200 people! Use smaller groups for intimate group discussions. Use larger groups to keep everyone up to date and connected.
- Tap on the Contacts icon at the bottom of the home screen menu
- Select Create Group
- You’ll see everyone from your address book there or you can type in a phone number that you’d like to add. That’s because they don’t have to be on Marco Polo to be added to the group.
- Pick people you’d like in your group and tap Done (*Android) or Create (*iOS)
💡PRO TIP: Create a group without adding anyone, this way you can set up your group before people start joining. You can do this by tapping Done (*Android) or Create (*iOS) without picking anyone :)
- Go into your group, tap on the group title. That’ll take you to the Group Info screen.
- To rename your group, tap on the title
- To change the chat tile, tap Edit on the current Chat Tile. Pick a fun GIF or your own photo to represent your group. When you change the chat tile, your group gets notified.
💡 PRO TIP: In your first Polo to the group, you might want to include a few things such as why you started the group, what kinds of things you want people to discuss, or any rules you have in the group. You might also share a few tips on how to use Marco Polo to help everyone get started.
- Once you’re ready, you can start inviting people into your group by sharing the link to your group. Here’s how easy it is:
- Go into your group and tap on the group title to get to the Group Info screen
- Tap on the Group Settings to get to the admin options
- Tap on Invite via Group Link to create your link. You’ll notice your link is customized with your group name at the end of it
- Pick one of the many options to share the link with your group
- You can also add your existing contacts to the group from the Group Info screen by tapping the Add People.
💡 PRO TIP: Share your group link in any existing groups(e.g. Facebook group, text, email, etc). Here’s sample text that you can use: