How to create a group
Creating a group on Marco Polo is a great way to build stronger and more personal relationships. Groups come in all sizes— up to a max of 200 people! Use smaller groups for intimate group discussions. Use larger groups to keep everyone up to date and connected.
- Tap on the Contacts icon at the bottom of the home screen menu
- Select Create Group
- If you've enabled your device's contact list, you’ll see everyone from your address book there or you can type in a phone number of someone that you’d like to add.
- Add the people you’d like in your group and tap Done (*Android) or Create (*iOS)
- Go into your group, tap on the group title at the top of the screen. That’ll take you to the Group Info screen.
- To rename your group, tap on the group name.
- To change the chat tile, tap Edit on the current Chat Tile. Pick a fun GIF or your own photo to represent your group. When you change the chat tile, your group will be notified.
- Once you’re ready, you can start inviting people into your group by sharing the link to your group. Here’s how easy it is:
- Go into your group and tap on the group title to get to the Group Info screen
- Tap on the Group Settings to get to the admin options
- Tap on Invite via Group Link to create your link. You’ll notice your link is customized with your group name at the end of it
- Pick one of the many options to share the link with your group
- You can also add your existing contacts to the group from the Group Info screen by tapping the Add People.
💡 PRO TIP: Share your group link in any existing groups(e.g. Facebook group, text, email, etc). Here’s sample text that you can use: