How do I use Marco Polo?
Marco Polo® is the video chat app that brings you closer to the people who matter most without asking you to compromise on trust.
It’s simple: Send a video. Get one back. Connect with friends, family, coworkers, clients, and more, on your own schedule, one-on-one or in groups, in a private space with no ads or likes.
Download and get started 🤗
- Search for Marco Polo in the App Store or Google Play, and download the app to your device.
- Tap Get Started and follow the prompts on the screen to sign up for an account.
Marco Polo® is free, with unlimited chats and groups, emoji reactions, special effects, Sharecast, and other fun features. Marco Polo Plus offers a premium subscription experience, including 1.5-3x speed control, background listening, custom emojis, and Plus Passes to share. Choose the version that fits your life!
Invite people to connect on the app
When you first open Marco Polo, you’ll be prompted to invite contacts to chat.
- Select Invite beside someone’s name. You can also search for a contact by tapping the magnifying glass icon or the person icon on your home screen. Note: To bypass this step and do it later, select Next > Skip.
- Selecting the person icon will open the Contacts screen, where you can search for someone’s name, scroll through All Contacts, and see New Suggested Contacts.
- If someone already has Marco Polo, you’ll see a Chat button next to their name. If they don’t have Marco Polo yet, you’ll see an Invite button that you can tap to send them an invitation via text.
Start a conversation
Once you’ve selected contacts to connect with, you can send someone a video message or “Polo.”
- On your Marco Polo home screen, tap a chat tile to open a conversation.
- Tap the blue camera icon to begin recording and the red stop icon to send your Polo.
That’s it! The person you’re chatting with will be notified that you sent them a Polo and can watch it whenever they’d like, as many times as they'd like, and reply when it’s convenient. 👍